River Oaks Square Arts Center is looking for a few good pieces to include in its' 6th Annual Dirty South Cup Call and Competition. We are looking for ceramic vessels (mugs, cups, yunomis) that encompass exemplary creativity, experimentation and imagination, showcasing what can be accomplished with ceramics. Up to 125 artists will be chosen for this inspiring Southern event, because we all need a good mug for our tea and coffee and if not, we always need a good conversation piece!
The 2020 Dirty South Cup Call & Competition is a national, juried exhibition. Up to 125 artists will be chosen to display traditional or non-traditional ceramic vessels at River Oaks Square Arts Center, Alexandria, Louisiana.
• Entry Fee: $15 per artist, up to three entries (credit cards)
• Work may not be larger than 7” x 7” x 7”. Mugs, Cups and Yunomis accepted.
• Open to all artists working in the medium of clay, residing in the United States.
• Functional & Non-functional, traditional and non-traditional pieces accepted
• All work must be for sale. No single work may exceed $250 in value. Artists will pay a 30% commission to the Gallery on all sales.
• Artist responsible for shipping/insurance cost to/from the Gallery. All work must include a Return Shipping/label for return shipment. Weight Limit 15 lbs. River Oaks is not responsible for any damage during shipment.
• Digital entry only, JPEG format, 5MB maximum. Click here for supported image format.
• River Oaks will be utilizing the CallforEntry.org™, also known as CaFÉ™, an online application and adjudication system for exhibits and more. Go to www.CallforEntry.org to complete your application form.
• River Oaks Square Arts Center reserves the right to photograph exhibited work and use these or the artists digital images for reproduction in both printed and electronic materials for publicity.
• Entry free must be paid at the time of application submission.
Guest Juror: Deborah Schwartzkopf
Deb was born and raised in Seattle, Washington and earned a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Alaska in 2002. She worked for studio potters in the Anchorage area, which gave her a strong foundation to spring from. Deb focused on glazes for a year of independent study at San Diego State University; after which she completed a Masters of Fine Arts at Penn State in 2005. She went on to teach at institutions such as: Ohio University, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, University of Washington, and University of Georgia’s study abroad program in Cortona, Italy. Deb has worked nationally and internationally at places such as the Archie Bray Foundation (MT), Mudflat Studios (MA), The Clay Studio (PA), Pottery Northwest (WA), Watershed (ME), Sanbao in Jingdezhen, China, and the Residency for Ceramics-Berlin, Germany. Since 2002, she has taught over eighty workshops and exhibited work locally and abroad. She moved back to Seattle in 2009 and bought a house/studio in 2013. Since then Deb has created a beautiful, communal pottery studio where she instructs community clay classes and workshops. https://ratcitystudios.com/deborah-schwartzkopf
First Prize $500
Juror’s Choice: 4 awards, $125 each
“Exhibiting Artist” designation: In addition to the monetary award winners, the top 20 artists will be considered for spots as “exhibiting artists” in future invitational shows hosted by ROSAC.
Please complete and submit images to CaFE with credit card payment information.
• Works will be insured for 50% of the stated value from the time of delivery to the end of the exhibition
River Oaks 6th Annual Dirty South Cup Call & Competition Calendar:
•March 7th, 2020 - Deadline to enter
•March 19, 2020 - Acceptance notification
•March 27, 2020 - Delivery of work, no later than 5pm
•June 19, 2020 - Return of artwork
Calendar of Events Related to the Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: April 3 - May 29, 2020
•April 3, 2020 5-8 p.m. Opening Reception/Award Announcement/Juror Remarks
Deborah Schwartzkopf Ceramic Workshop
•April 1st & 2nd
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Mid-day Break for lunch)
$95 per person (Two day class)
Class is Limited - FCFSB
To register, call 318.473.2670