Best in Show: Chris Alveshere - "Yellow Cup"
1st: Chris Pickett - "Lite Bright Rocks Glass"
2nd: Eric Hoefer - "Soda Fired Cup"
3rd: Jill Bell - "Lola Cup"
4th: Bill Jones - "Cup"
Dr. Longs Choice: Andryea Natkin - "Mug"
River Oaks Square Arts Center is looking for a few good pieces to include in its' 7th Annual Dirty South Cup Call and Competition. We are looking for ceramic vessels (mugs, cups, yunomis) that encompass exemplary creativity, experimentation and imagination, showcasing what can be accomplished with ceramics. Up to 125 artists will be chosen for this inspiring Southern event, because we all need a good mug for our tea and coffee and if not, we always need a good conversation piece!
The 2021 Dirty South Cup Call & Competition is a national, juried exhibition. Artist will be chosen to display traditional or non-traditional ceramic vessels at River Oaks Square Arts Center, Alexandria, Louisiana.
• Work may not be larger than 7” x 7” x 7”. Mugs, Cups and yunomis accepted.
• Open to all artists working in the medium of clay, residing in the United States.
• Functional & Non-functional, traditional and non-traditional pieces accepted
• All work must be for sale. No single work may exceed $250 in value. Artists will pay a 30% commission to the Gallery on all sales.
• Artist responsible for shipping/insurance cost to/from the Gallery. All work must include a Return Shipping/label for return shipment. Weight Limit 15 lbs. River Oaks is not responsible for any damage during shipment.
• Digital entry only, JPEG format, 5MB maximum. Click here for supported image format.
• River Oaks will be utilizing the CallforEntry.org™, also known as CaFÉ™, an online application and adjudication system for exhibits and more. Go to www.CallforEntry.org to complete your application form.
• River Oaks Square Arts Center reserves the right to photograph exhibited work and use these or the artists digital images for reproduction in both printed and electronic materials for publicity.
• Entry free must be paid at the time of application submission.
Dan Anderson is currently a full-time studio artist following 32 years of teaching ceramics (1970-2002) at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE). He now holds the rank of Professor Emeritus. Anderson received his BS degree in Art Education from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and his MFA degree in ceramics from Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. He is a NEA individual artist fellowship recipient plus he has been awarded six artist fellowships from the Illinois Arts Council. An avid wood firing enthusiast, he has his own anagama wood kiln at his Old Poag Road Clay & Glass studio/home in rural Edwardsville, IL. Dan was a resident artist at the Archie Bray Foundation in Helena, MT. in 1996. Dan was also an Artist Invites Artist (AIA) short-term resident at Red Lodge Clay Center in 2010, 2012 and 2014 in Montana. His ceramics are represented at: Red Lodge Clay Gallery in Red Lodge, Montana, TRAX Gallery, Berkeley, California, AKAR Gallery in Iowa City, Iowa, Gail Severn Gallery, Ketchum, Idaho, the Works Gallery in Philadelphia, Plinth Gallery in Denver, Colorado, Schaller Gallery in St. Joseph, Michigan and with the Nevica Project in Chicago. Dan’s work is in numerous private and public collections throughout the United States and internationally.
“Exhibiting Artist” designation: In addition to the monetary award winners, the top 20 artists will be considered for spots as “exhibiting artists” in future invitational shows hosted by ROSAC.
Please complete and submit images to CaFE with credit card payment information.
• Works will be insured for 50% of the stated value from the time of delivery to the end of the exhibition
•March 6th, 2021 - Deadline to enter
•March 18, 2021 - Acceptance notification
•March 26, 2021 - Delivery of work, no later than 5pm
•June 18, 2021 - Return of artwork
Calendar of Events Related to the Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: April 9 - May 22, 2021
•April 9, 2021 5-8 p.m. Opening Reception/Award Announcement/Juror Remarks
Dan Anderson Ceramic Workshop
•April 7th - 8th.
•10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Mid-day Break for lunch)
•$95 per person (Two day class)
•Class is Limited - FCFSB
•To register, call 318.473.2670