River Oaks Square Arts Center is looking for a few good pieces to include in its' 10th Annual Dirty South Cup Call and Competition. We are looking for ceramic vessels (mugs, cups, yunomis) that encompass exemplary creativity, experimentation and imagination, showcasing what can be accomplished with ceramics. Up to 125 artists will be chosen for this inspiring Southern event, because we all need a good mug for our tea and coffee and if not, we always need a good conversation piece!
The 2024 Dirty South Cup Call & Competition is a national, juried exhibition. Artists will be chosen to display traditional or non-traditional ceramic vessels at River Oaks Square Arts Center, Alexandria, Louisiana.
•Entry Fee: $15 per artist, up to three entries (Café entries only)
• River Oaks will be utilizing the CallforEntry.org™, also known as CaFÉ™, an online application and adjudication system for exhibits and more. Go to www.CallforEntry.org to complete your application form.
•Open to all artists working in the medium of clay, residing in the United States.
• Functional & Non-functional, traditional and non-traditional pieces accepted
•Entries will be blind juried by digital images.
•Each artist may submit up to three works. ONLY ONE IMAGE PER ENTRY/PER CUP. PLEASE TITLE EACH PIECE INDIVIDUALLY. (to aid with accepted selections)
•Digital entry only, JPEG format, 5MB maximum. Click here for supported image format.
•Work may not be larger than 7” x 7” x 7”. Mugs, Cups and yunomis accepted.
• All work must be for sale. No single work may exceed $250 in value. Artists will pay a 30% commission to the Gallery on all sales.
•The price of your artwork entered into the Cafe system for this call will be the price of your artwork in the exhibition and the online virtual show. We cannot change the price of the piece if it is accepted into the Cup Show. All information listed in Cafe is used to generate label information for the virtual & onsite shows. Make sure this info is correct upon data upload.
• Artist responsible for shipping/insurance cost to/from the Gallery. Featured artists may include a return shipping label with the initial shipment to the Arts Center, however, artist can verify sale of inventory prior to conclusion of the show before forwarding a return label to River Oaks. Weight Limit 15 lbs. River Oaks is not responsible for any damage during shipment.
• River Oaks Square Arts Center reserves the right to photograph exhibited work and use these or the artists digital images for reproduction in both printed and electronic materials for publicity.
• Entry free must be paid at the time of application submission.
Randy Brodnax, a life-long potter, educator and former River Oaks Resident Artist that creates everything from functional dinnerware to large decorative vessels to clay sculpture. A Louisiana native, Randy has retained much of the Cajun joie de vivre with which he was raised, and has spent a career building bridges among clay artists of all levels of experience. In workshops, Randy entertains as he shares his knowledge with participants, and helps individuals seeking a refined focus, new direction, or simply camaraderie among clay artists. He is know for his innovative Raku fire techniques. We are excited to have this legendary potter back at the art center for this years Dirty South.
First Prize $500
Dr. Betsy Long’s Choice: $200
Juror’s Choice: 3 awards, $100 each
“Exhibiting Artist” designation: In addition to the monetary award winners, the top 20 artists will be considered for spots as “exhibiting artists” in future invitational shows hosted by ROSAC.
Please complete and submit images to CaFE with credit card payment information.
• Works will be insured for 50% of the stated value from the time of delivery to the end of the exhibition
•March 16th, 2024 - Deadline to enter
•March 21, 2024 - Acceptance notification
•April 4, 2024 - Delivery of work, no later than 5pm
•June 2024 - Return of artwork
Exhibition Dates: April 18 - May 25, 2024
•April 18, 2023 5-7 p.m. Opening Reception/Award Announcement/Juror Remarks
Info: class description coming soon
•Wednesday, April 16 & Thursday, April 17.
•10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Mid-day Break for lunch)
•$95 per person (Two day class)
•Class is Limited - FCFSB
•To register, use LINK
The 2024 Annual Christmas Porch sale is right around the corner! December 7th, 9am-3pm.
Orginal works from over 100 regional, local artist and craftsmen. Art vendors onsite in the historic Bolton Home and Annex Building. Perfect for Holiday Shopping
River Oaks is also home to a sales gallery which features exclusive works by the Louisiana Crafts Guild. With single-day sales often surpassing the $60,000 mark, this seasonal sale continues to be a major shopping event for artists, members and patrons.